Sunday, February 01, 2009

Why the Cards Must Win!

As I’ve mentioned before, my son gets pretty emotional about sporting events. He has decided he hates the Steelers (because they beat his beloved Ravens). He is watching the Superbowl as we speak. (I am being a good daddy and keeping my daughter company as she watches The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe - she identifies with the White Witch.)

If the Cardinals do not come back, I fear his wrath. Some recent incidents are worrisome. Reading Harry Potter we came to the scene of the world quidditch championship (it is a game the wizards play, on broomsticks). My son decided he wanted Bulgaria to win and PLOT SPOILER ALERT when they didn’t he was despondent. He was upset that his randomly chosen team in a non-existent game, that occurred in a work of fiction, so that the results were already set, didn’t win! This is beyond obsessive.

Worse, we spent the afternoon watching Animal Planet’s PuppyBowl. He was rooting for the beagle and furious that the ref kept giving passes to the oversized Aussie sheepdog.

But the absolute worst part is that when he bursts into tears and is inconsolable, it is everything my wife and I can do to keep from laughing.

Anyway - sorry Pittsburgh fans, this isn't personal - but "Go Cards! Please!"

No comments: