Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Welcome New Dads - Here is what you will really need to know

Before the birth of my first child my wife came home with a pamphlet from our healthcare provider entitled, "For Fathers Only."

The cover featured a muscled, masculine arm cradling an infant. Inside were answers to questions frequently asked by new fathers. Questions like:
"Can my wife still have sex when she's pregnant?"

"What about after the child is born?"

"So why won't she?"

"Any ideas about what might, you know, facilitate..."

"Any ideas besides cooking, doing the dishes and laundry, and taking care of all of the night time feedings until the kids are in their teens?"
As important as these issues are, I thought new fathers could use a bit more guidance. So with that in mind I am starting this blog to tell fathers what they really need to know.

No comments: