Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Nose Knows

Today, GoofGirl accidentally took 3C's jacket. This is completely understandable since the two of them (along with a third friend) all have the same kind of jacket pink jacket - like the pink ladies in Grease (hopefully sans Rizzo, none of us want to be dads to Rizzo).



When I told GoofGirl she had 3C’s jacket, she smelled it and told me I was right.

I asked her what it smelled like and GoofGirl told me, it smells like Carpool Clan.

“Is that bad?” I asked.

“No, it's okay,” she replied, “It's just different from our house. Less pizza, more Mac’n cheese.”

NOTE & UPDATE: This illustrative picture is courtesy of the intriguing website Clothes on Film. I saw Grease about 100 times - for some reason every birthday party that year went to see Grease, I was about seven at the time. I have no idea why this was considered appropriate - my kids will see it when they are 40 (because I am not up to being the dad to a Pink Lady.) Clothes on Film reminds me how much I saw and how little I understood.

2 comments:

CarpoolClanDad said...

I love it. Of course, 3C does not normally eat Mac N' Cheese in her winter wear. That said, I suppose Mac N' Cheese is on the menu often enough that the jacket has simply absorbed the fumes through the air.

Father Goof said...

She has an exceptionally sensitive "boogie hole" (as she terms it.) She always tells me I smell like rotten meat. She might be right.