Friday, June 23, 2006

One Man's Trash...

Thursday night is a night of anticipation. After our traditional pizza dinner, the children go to bed a bit early - because they can't wait for morning to come. (I don't know, but I am guessing that this is a bit like what Christmas must be like - Jewish holidays actually start the night before.)

Then, they wake up bright and early, get dressed quickly, and stand with bated breath, staring out the window - waiting...

With a rumble and a squeal it arrives in front of our house and my daughter yells, "Trash truck Daddy! Trash truck!"

Here is the best part - we have three different recycle trucks that service our neighborhood (one each for plastic & metal, paper, and yard waste.) I don't know how that can possibly be good for the environment, but my children's awe and wonder at it is unjaded - they could watch trash trucks all day.

My tax dollars at work - peace is worth every penny.

No comments: