Thursday, December 25, 2008

Have Yourself a Very Restful Christmas...

Although we don't actually celebrate Christmas (what with being Jewish and all...) the kids did get together and give my wife and I a magnificent gift this morning. They slept until 7:30! Then they came barging into our room yelling.

The slept late because we kept them up very late, watching the movie The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. I read it to my son and am reading it now to my daughter, so they are big fans.

My daughter liked Aslan and Mr. Tumnus and Lucy. But she really liked the White Witch.

"When people disagree with her, she turns them into stone! That's cool!"

Much to her disappointment, I will not be getting her a magic wand for Chanukah (Target is all sold out...)

I've read the entire Narnia series to my son, we are now listening to Harry Potter on CD, and he just saw the very cool One Man Star Wars (plus he knows the entire series by osmosis).

So I asked him which was his favorite. He looked at me for a long time, I thought his head might explode. But after a while he said, "I like them all - but football is my favorite."

I am trying to raise a geek. But despite my best efforts I may get a pretty normal kid.

Sigh.

No comments: