Thursday, November 24, 2011

Sentimental, Cheesy Thanksgiving Post

Thanksgiving, what am I thankful for?

For one, I am thankful that NaBloPoMo is almost over because I am running out of material fast. I am always thankful that we are invited out to Thanksgiving because MamaGoof just doesn’t need the pressure-filled hassle. I am thankful the weather tonight is supposed to be good because - the thing, tonight…

I am thankful that turkey is special for Thanksgiving – because otherwise I don’t really like it all that much.

I guess I am thankful for the existence of blogs, which allow me to be attention-seeking without doing so in person and annoying everyone I meet.

That isn’t very serious, is it?

Obviously there are the BIG things – wonderful wife, fantastic kids, loving family, work that I love and suits me, and of course my health.

It is all too easy to take that stuff for granted. This year, I will try not to.

I remember years ago, very unhappy with my job passing a homeless person. It was a sharp reminder that the worst day of my life would be one of the best days of his.

I’ve been lucky and I’ve been blessed. For that I am thankful.

No comments: